One of my favorite beach club venues for a pre-wedding cocktail party or post-wedding brunch is in French Glamour magazine this month. Paloma Beach encapsulates rugged beauty and old-school Riviera Glamour and is totally private, located in stunning surroundings which is what makes it the perfect private beach event venue! With my team, we have already worked on one pre-wedding beach party there and will be doing a brunch there this September, the venue largely earns a place in our recommended venue list!
Archive for July, 2012
It is with absolute pleasure that I am able to blog about the Bastide St Mathieu once again. It was one of the first venues I ever featured on My Riviera Wedding back in 2009 which unfortunately I had to remove due to a short period of time where the property was on the market for sale. It is now once again up and running as a wedding venue much to my delight and I am sure to the delight of many of my blog readers, as the Bastide St Mathieu is really a one of a kind wedding venue on the French Riviera.
The Bastide St Mathieu is a stunning Provencal style Bastide (country house in French), located in the outskirts of Grasse down a peaceful country lane at 30 to 40 minutes from Nice airport. Out of the many venues I propose to couples looking for a venue in a country setting, it really ticks all of the boxes…
- Proximity to Nice airport
- Proximity to the coast (Cannes it the closest coastal town and is a great place for guests to stay if they prefer something more glamorous than Grasse)
- Proximity to several charming villages: Mougins & Valbonne are the best
- Authentic Provence setting
- Compatible with vintage, rustic, bohemian or shabby chic weddings (of course all very fashionable right now)
- Lavender (attention, the lavender is at its best between May and the end of July – June is really the best month for lavender)
- A large field with wild flowers, olive trees and fruit trees for outdoor ceremonies
- Relaxed atmosphere and feel
- Boules court with lovely seating area surrounded by fruit trees, great for post ceremony Champagne & Canapé receptions
- A beautiful, large terrace in front of the property perfect for seated dinners with a fountain in the centre and an outdoor summer kitchen with BBQ
- Lovely dining room and adjacent chillout room for dance parties, located just off the main terrace where dinner takes place which means guests don’t have to move a long way between the dining and dancing area
- Excellent quality, huge bedrooms & suites all with marble ensuite bathrooms and high-end, eclectic interior design
- Luxurious large swimming pool great for post wedding pool parties
- When renting the property you are given full exclusive use so that you really feel like you are renting your own “chez-vous”
- Great for small groups of 20 to 50 people and also perfect for larger groups of 150 plus people.
The property’s owners are British and are super friendly and accommodating. Their daily help is available on hand to prepare and serve breakfast and provide chambermaid services for the rooms each morning meaning you don’t even have to make your own bed! Other private chef services can be arranged to provide lunch and dinner at the Bastide for couples who really want to make the most out of the venue with their family and friends over the weekend or even week that they rent the property.
Oh and by the way, I happen to be getting married there myself this September! If a wedding planners choice is not a high enough recommendation, then I don’t know what is!
If you would like to enquire about weddings at the Bastide St Mathieu, you can contact the owner of the venue Bill Colegrave directly by email on email@example.com. You can alternatively call +33 4 97 01 10 00. You may also like to check out their website: www.bastidestmathieu.com. I have organized several weddings at the Bastide so if you are looking for a wedding planner to help you, don’t hesitate to check out my website www.kerrybrackenweddings.com for more information about the services myself and my team provide. You can reach me by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a video taken of the property by a happy house guest:
Here are a small selection of photos of a few of the weddings which have taken place at the Bastide St Mathieu: