L’Ecrin beach is for me by far the best beach in Cannes for weddings. Tucked away off the Croisette on the east side of Port Canto, L’Ecrin offers a private setting for beach wedding receptions.
Open in the day time as a private beach with 180 sun loungers, L’Ecrin also functions as a restaurant and lounge bar. With a décor designed by the same artist as the Man Ray in Paris and New York and the Buddha Bar in Paris, L’Ecrin oozes a relaxed trendy vibe.
For weddings, L’Ecrin has 3 different spaces that can be used: the main restaurant which is totally under cover, a terrace which is really a continuation of the restaurant which can be either open air or covered with an extendable shelter and the lounge bar, a wooden decking chill out area opening out onto the sand. The restaurant and terrace combined have a maximum seated capacity of 200 for stated dinners. For cocktail parties, the venue with its 3 event spaces can fit larger groups of up to 400 standing.
I have eaten at L’Ecrin several times and the food is pretty good. The menu is mainly French cuisine (mediterranean not gastronomic) with asian specialities often on the specials board. For weddings, L’Ecrin can put together a tailor-made buffet, seated dinner or canapé menu depending on your requirements.
L’Ecrin can set up a dance floor area and provide sound and light equipment. The venue can also recommend DJs with whom they work frequently. One thing to keep in mind is that sound regulations on beaches in Cannes are quite strict. The venue should take care of applying for a late licence which will allow you to have music until 02.00. If you want to add a touch of magic to your reception then you could also ask the venue about the possibility of organising a firework display.
For more information about weddings at the Ecrin beach, you can email Kerry at My Riviera Wedding or leave a comment below. If you prefer to contact the venue directly, you can get in touch with the Ecrin events team by telephone on +33 (0)4 92 59 60 60 or by email. Please don’t forget to mention that you found the venue on www.my-riviera-wedding.com! By doing this you will be helping me to spread the word about my wedding planning activities.
Read Full Post »
The Château Garibondy, also refered to as the ‘Château du Cannet‘ is a magnificent castle located in the hills above Cannes in Le Cannet which has been inhabited by noblemen and aristocracy since the 18th Century. Important historical figures such as Lord Brougham, known as the official founder of Cannes, Sir Alfred and Lady Cecilia Paget, Queen Victoria, King Edward VII and Princess Diana of Wales’ stepmother Countess de Chambrun have all resided at the Château Garibondy. Today, this stunning property steeped in history is owned by an English family and is available for rent for weddings, holidays and special events.
The Château Garibondy has 11 bedrooms and bathrooms accommodating 22 people comfortably with separate accommodation in a 3 bedroom villa / barn conversion for a further 6 guests. The property has 2 wonderful south-facing terraces ideal for outside dining. Inside the Château are several spaces great for entertaining such as the drawing-room and the Wedgewood dining room.
The Câteau’s main selling point for wedding receptions is its grounds and large front lawn. The luscious green lawn in front of the property can accomodate up to 350 people for a seated dinner and 500 for a standing cocktail. During the summer months, dining can be open air whereas in the winter months a marquee can be constructed to provide protection from possible bad weather. The property also has stunning sea views and is ideally situated close to Cannes and a short distance from Nice airport.
Wedding reception rates at the Château Garibondy are as follows and are subject to change depending on dates and requirements:
- Rental of gardens for the day: €6,000 (six thousand euros)
- Rental of gardens plus 1 night in the Château: €10,000 (ten thousand euros)
- Rental of garden plus 2 nights in the Château and villa: €15,000 (fifteen thousand euros)
- Rental of garden plus 2 nights in château €12,000 (twelve thousand euros)
- Rental of garden plus 1 night in the Château plus villa: €12,000 (twelve thousand euros)
- Rental of garden plus 1 night in the villa: €9,000 (nine thousand euros)
If you would like to organise your very own fairytale wedding at the Château Garibondy, you can email Kerry at My Riviera Wedding or leave a comment below. If you prefer to contact the venue directly, you can get in touch with the Château Garibondy’s owner who is based in the UK by telephone on +44 (0) 20 7242 3981 or by email. Please don’t forget to mention that you found the venue on www.my-riviera-wedding.com! By doing this you will be helping me to spread the word about my wedding planning activities.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Choosing a Destination, Getting Started, tagged Antibes Juan-les-Pins, Beaulieu sur Mer, Cannes, Cap d’Ail, Cote d'Azur, French Riviera, Grasse, Mandelieu la Napoule, Monaco, Mougins, Saint Jea-Cap-Ferrat, Saint Paul de Vence, Vence on October 28, 2009 |
3 Comments »
The French Riviera and its surrounding area is filled with highly desirable wedding destinations. There really is something for everyone from glitz and glam seaside towns, to Provencal countryside getaways and romantic medieval villages. I have picked out a few of my favourite wedding destinations on the Cote d’Azur and in Provence that you may wish to consider for your wedding. You might prefer to decide upon a destination based upon the location of a particular venue that you have in mind. Please see my pick of the best wedding venues in the area in the Recommended Wedding Venue section of My Riviera Wedding.
- Cannes & surrounding: Cannes encapsulates the glitz and glam associated with the Cote d’Azur. the city and its surrounding neighbourhood has an extremely vast selection of fabulous venues suitable for weddings. From chateaus (Chateau de la Napoule), to stunning hotels such as the Martinez , the Carlton, the Majestic and the 1835 White Palm Hotel, trendy hangouts (Le Baoli and Palm Beach), beach restaurants to name but a few l’Ecrin and Vega Luna as well as an abundance of modern private villas.
- Mougins & Mouans-Sartoux: Situated just outside of Cannes in the Provencal countryside, Mougins and its neighbouring village Moans-Sartoux are ideal wedding destinations away from the hustle and bustle of the busy coast. With a golf and country club, The Royal Mougins, several private domains and country residences such as the Manoir de Letang, the simply amazing Château de Castellaras, a luxury hotel with Michelin star restaurant, Le Mas Candille and several well-known fun restaurants for example Le Park and the Moulin de Mougins, Mougins and Mouans-Sartoux both offer a wealth of possibilities.
- Antibes Juan-les-Pins: With over 30 private beaches, one of them belonging to the lovely family run hotel the Belle Rives, Juan-les-Pins has a great deal of great wedding venues. Located on the border between Juan-les-Pins and the Cap d’Antibes a new luxury boutique hotel, the Cap d’Antibes Beach Hotel, has recently opened its doors after almost a year’s construction. The Cap d’Antibes Beach Hotel has been built onto the already existing beach restaurant and night spot Les Pecheurs, which has also been given a facelift. The Cap d’Antibes, a peninsular between Juan-les-Pins and the old town of Antibes is home to some of the world’s most wealthy people; Arabian princes, celebrities and top business men. It is most famous for the exclusive Hotel du Cap Eden Roc a favourite A-class celebrity hangout during the Cannes Film Festival. The Cap d’Antibes has several superb waterfront venues such as Keller beach as well as some fantastic villas such as the Domaine la Dilecta.
- Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat: With Apple’s Paul Allen amongst the many high-flying property owners, the peninsular of Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat is considered as being THE ultimate destination in the South of France for those seeking privacy, luxury and exclusivity. Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat has some breathtaking wedding venues such as the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild the fabulous Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat, and the Villa Kérylos in nearby Beaulieu sur Mer, It also has two wonderful private beaches; Passable Beach and Paloma Beach (Tel: +33 (0)4 93 01 64 71 open from Easter to the end of September).
- Saint Paul de Vence: The medieval village of Saint Paul de Vence is a real gem. Made famous in the mid 20th century by the passage of world-renowned artists such as Picasso and Russian painter Mark Chagall who is buried in the village’s cemetery, Saint Paul de Vence still today promotes arts and crafts and is filled with independent galleries and artist’s workshops. Saint Paul de Vence is for me a perfect example of a well-preserved, picture perfect typical French village. With a beautiful little church, two Relais & Chateau hotels (Le Mas de Pierre and Le Saint Paul) as well as the top class restaurant La Colombe d’Or. In nearby Vence one of the most fabulous hotels in the area can be found; the Chateau Saint Martin which is part of the same group as the legendary Hotel du Cap Eden Roc.
- Grasse: For me Grasse is highly underrated as a wedding destination. The town offers greater value for money than some of the nearby towns and villages and the events service at the Grasse Tourist Office is more than happy to help prospective clients discover the many delightful venues that Grasse has to offer. Grasse is most famous for its perfume industry, with 4 large perfume factories in the town, a perfume museum, many beautiful flower gardens and fields where flowers are cultivated for the production of perfume some of which double up as wedding venues such as The Bastide du Parfumeur or the Domaine de Manon. Not forgetting of course a superb Relais et Chateaux hotel and Michelin star restaurant, the Bastide Saint Antoine and the stunning Chateau Diter.
- Monaco: Even the most luxurious addresses on the Cote d’Azur tend to have a relaxed sea-side feel to them, something that can not necessarily be said for the many preened and polished wedding venues Monaco has to offer. Depending on what floats your boat, Monaco may conjure up a mixed bag of emotions. Some feel that Monaco is a cold, soulless, ‘fake’ town while others are in awe of its grandeur and pomp. It is safe to say however that the quality and range of venues in Monaco is unrivalled most of which are grouped under the Monte Carlo SBM umbrella, a holding company which owns and manages most of the Principalities leisure and tourism venues. Amongst the best hotels in Monaco are the Hermitage, Monte Carlo Bay, Hotel de Paris, Le Meridien, Vista Palace and Monte Carlo Beach. Great beach restaurants are La Reserve de la Mala in nearby Cap d’Ail, Anjuna Bay in nearby Eze sur Mer and K Beach. Great restaurants and lounge bars include Maya Bay, La Chaumiere and the Pacific.
- Provence: Provence includes the territory inland of the French Riviera and the countryside of the Var region of the South of France, the next department along from the Alpes Maritimes (06 post code area) beginning west of Cannes just after the small seaside town of Theoule. Provence with its many vineyards, lavender fields and country escapes is a fabulous wedding destination and a cheaper, less crowded alternative to the Cote d’Azur. Here are just a few of the many stunning wedding venues in Provence to wet your appetite: Commanderie de Peyrassol, Château Font du Broc, Magnanerie de Saint Isidore.
Read Full Post »